Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Unsure Period Dates...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unsure Period Dates...
Arnold
Neophyte
Member # 37290

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Arnold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Girlfriend n I had unprotected sex on the 4th of this month. We have heard that the chances of pregnancy is reduced during the first few days from the start of her periods. I had used the withdrawal method, I had ejaculated outside. Again on the 20th we had unprotected sex, in which I might have ejaculated inside. So she took the 72 hours pill. Does the pill have any effect on period dates. She normally haves it at the end of every month. She is not feeling any pain which she normally feels before her periods are due. She is complaining of back ache and morning laziness(Does it take this fast for the symptoms to take place or is she just plain lazy and wished to be pampered?). When is it accurate to take the pregnancy test result as she is unsure of her period dates(it has never been normal). I read online that mega dose of Vitamin C prevents the egg from sticking on the wall(Would this help) What are we supposed to do to prevent the pregnancy to take place? Any antibiotics or OTC medicines since this is still at the early stage.
Posts: 1 | From: India | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Morning-After Pill does in fact effect periods and cycles; it is, after all, a high dose of hormones similar to the normal birth control pill.

A pregnancy test is accurate 10-14 days after the risk or on the first day of a missed period, so she can go ahead and take one now and it will give accurate results.

As it stands, the Morning-After pill is the best thing she could have done to prevent pregnancy after a risk. In the future, using reliable birth control like the pill, the patch, or good old condoms will do WONDERS in preventing pregnancy. The condom is the cheapest choice with minimal impact on either partner, and with consistent use, has a very high success rate. The withdrawal method is not effective in preventing pregnancy.

Have a look at these articles in the meantime:

Birth Control Bingo!

Condom Basics: A User's Manual

Margaret Sanger's Disneyland: Choosing Contraceptives

Also be aware that having unprotected sex has put you both at high risk for sexually transmitted infections. It'd be a good idea for the both of you to have a screening done by a health care professional, in addition to using condoms to prevent the transmission of STI's.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.