Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Worried about Condoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried about Condoms
Silent_Anon
Neophyte
Member # 37000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silent_Anon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear admins.

My girlfriend (of about a year) and I just started making love together and we are using condoms (Trojan brand if it helps). Anyways, I'm somewhat new to using them since my previous and first ever lover was on the pill. I keep hearing about all these horror stories about the condoms breaking all the time and among other things lack of reliability with condoms. Reasonably now I'm somewhat afraid to express myself in the bedroom because of my fear of ruining the best relationship I've ever had with a pregnancy.

Could someone direct/inform me to what a broken condom looks like and or tell me some good tips for the use of condoms in use, dos and don't(s). Any information would greatly be appreciated. I just want to be a bit more educated from someone who knows what their talking about then from wikipedia. Thank you for your help and information.

Sincerely

S/A

Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Silent_Anon, welcome to Scarleteen!

We actually have a couple guides on condom usage on the main site. Why don't you give them a read and ping me back if you still have questions? :)

Condom Basics: A User's Manual

Your Map to the Condom Aisle

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.