Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Bad Experiance

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bad Experiance
John996
Neophyte
Member # 36891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I had a bit of a bad experiance a couple of months ago where I 'couldnt get it up'. It was quite embarrasing and I havent really been myself since. I havent really gotten horny at all, its like ive lost my sexual desire. I am worried that it might happen again and I really miss my sexual desire. please help.
Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It probably WILL happen again, because it's normal for that to happen now and again, and sometimes, even frequently.

Penises aren't machines, and people's sexual response can't just be 100% turned on any time anyone wants it to be. That's just not how our bodies or sexuality work.

So, best bet? Seriously? Get over it. Accept that it's normal, and will happen sometimes and that it's absolutely okay. Your whole body is a sexual organ -- sex isn't just about penises -- and even then, sexuality can be fickle. For men and women alike, we just won't always be aroused or fully aroused all the time, or have our bodies respond as we want them to all the time, and that's just a given, not anything to be embarassed about.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John996
Neophyte
Member # 36891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I havent been properly sexually turned on for months, are you sure it will come back, I think the fact that I am worried about that isnt helping. Have you got any advice on how I can help me get it back?
Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chances are that's because of what you're thinking about what happened, and attaching a lot of anxiety to that. So again: if you can let go of that, and accept and understand that this will happen to everyone, of all genders, sometimes, you're likely to feel a lot better AND stop getting static from it in your sex life.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John996
Neophyte
Member # 36891

Thanks, thats really helped
Heather
Member # 3

Happy to be of help. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.