Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » could i be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could i be pregnant?
rubystar
Neophyte
Member # 36889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rubystar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently had sex with a guy about three weeks ago. It was right after my period ended. I am on BC (Yasmin) and we also used condoms. The first condom we used ended up breaking, but he did not ejaculate in me. We stopped then used another condom. The only times he fully came in me, he was wearing a condom.

I take my pill perfectly, on that night I took it about an hour later than usual. About two weeks after having sex, my breasts were a little bit tender, kinda sore but not really. From the first time we had sex that weekend, I have had this feeling in my lower abdomen, kind of this pain that moves around, and right above my pelvic bone I have this "icy hot" burning sensation. I went to the medical center at school and they said everything was fine. One day there was pretty sharp pain on both sides around my ovaries. So basically I am wondering if I am stressing about pregnancy for no reason, or if I have a reason to worry. Since there were no problems with my bladder or anything like that, I am really really stressed out about possibly being pregnant.

I know it would be highly unlikely to be pregnant, being on the pill and using a condom. But I am a worrier, and maybe pre-cum could have gotten in?

The gassy, bloating sensation kinda of moves around my lower abdomen, but that feeling right above my pubic bone worries me. My breasts are kind of sore, but I am hoping to get my period on Sunday, so that could be why also. Help! I am kinda freaking out.

Posts: 1 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're right, it would be highly unlikely to be pregnant from what you describe. Even if you hadn't used a condom, the pill protects you from pregnancy.

Taking the pill one hour late won't affect its effectiveness. You've got up to 12 hours to take before it's considered missed, but obviously, around the same time each day is ideal.

The pains and feelings you've been getting are likely unrelated, and if they people at the medical center said everything was fine I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. If it continues for a few more days, you can go back to see them though.

[ 02-05-2008, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: blysse_norwood ]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.