Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy?
lostgirl
Neophyte
Member # 36299

Icon 11 posted      Profile for lostgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One month ago, I and my boyfriend had sex.
He actually was fingering me, dry humping me. And his penis did touch my vagina on the outside, the opening vagina. i'm pretty sure that he didn't leak out. This is the first time for both of us.

and now, my period is one week late.. am i pregnant? [Frown]

Posts: 11 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If there was any direct genital-to-genital contact, then you did have a pregnancy risk.

However, we can't tell you if you're pregnant- since it's been a month and your period is late, though, you can take a pregnancy test now and find out.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostgirl
Neophyte
Member # 36299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my period sometimes turned irregular.
[Frown] my bf told me to get a test but I really couldn't coz I'm afraid of my family.

Posts: 11 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why are you afraid of your family? Pregnancy tests are very easy to get- they're sold on the shelves in most pharmacies and drugstores, even sometimes in grocery stores if they're big enough, and they usually cost somewhere around 15-20 bucks.

I gotta ask you, based on your history too, why aren't you guys using protection? You were told in your last thread that things like this can create a pregnancy risk, and an STI risk too.

[Edit: actually, IS this about the same risk you mentioned in your previous thread?]

[ 01-22-2008, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Leabug ]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostgirl
Neophyte
Member # 36299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, it's the same risk
lostgirl
Neophyte
Member # 36299

we know each other for 2 years. My bf didn't want to have sex. we thought it'd be ok if we're just playing around without penetration.
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Well, as was explained to you earlier, any unprotected genital contact does create a pregnancy and STI risk- in your case, the STI risk was greater than the pregnancy risk, though.

But since your period is late, it may not be a bad idea to get a test.

--------------------
Lea

rvaldovinos
Neophyte
Member # 36670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rvaldovinos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dfdfdfdfd
Posts: 7 | From: El Paso, TX | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rvaldovinos
Neophyte
Member # 36670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rvaldovinos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 2 wks late, I started spotting 7 days after I was supposed to get my period, and have been spotting for the past 7 days. I have read that implantation can only occur before your period and not after, I have had 2 neg. preg. test. Can I still be pregnant?
Posts: 7 | From: El Paso, TX | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

[Rvaldovinos, next time please start your own thread via the "new topic" button at the top of each page.

Without knowing when your pregnancy risk was, and when you took the tests, we can't tell you whether the results were accurate. If they were 10-14 days after the risk, then you can trust the results.

You CAN become pregnant after your period- there is no truly safe time to have unprotected sex. This spotting may be your period, but if it continues for much longer, it may not be a bad plan to get it checked out by a gyn.]

--------------------
Lea

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.