Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Sex While on Period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex While on Period
wilcatgirl
Activist
Member # 109425

Icon 3 posted      Profile for wilcatgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are the risks of pregnancy when having sex on your period?
Posts: 111 | From: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilcatgirl
Activist
Member # 109425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilcatgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to mention there was no condom used, but I have been on the Ortho Evra Birth Control patch for about 7 months now. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated [Smile]
Posts: 111 | From: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you're using hormonal birth control and using it correctly, the risk of pregnancy is the same at all times: low.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilcatgirl
Activist
Member # 109425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilcatgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh really? I did not now that at all. Thank you for informing me on that. I greatly appreciate it. I just wanted to take the time to all who have helped me through this site. Your time spent in talking to me has been so helpful. I do have another question, what would be considered using hormonal birth control incorrectly?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Incorrently using hormonal birth control would be using it in a manner other than directed. If you're not sure you are using it as directed, you can re-read the patient information sheet that comes with your patches, or you can ask your pharmacist or doctor.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilcatgirl
Activist
Member # 109425

I believe I am using it correctly. The only thing I can think of is I normally put my patch on on Sundays at 10:00pm, but there are times were I put it on about 15 to 30 minutes later. One time I put it on an hour late, but thats all I can think of.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.