Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » my first time.. am I pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my first time.. am I pregnant?
Krystall
Neophyte
Member # 35942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krystall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I first started haveing sex three days ago... And three days in a row. We used a condom all three times. And just to be safe, I made him pull it out before he came... Well, the first time he didn't really make it... but i'm pretty sure the second time he did. And the third time he didn't even cum. The main thing I am worried about here is pregnancy. I believe I did the right thing by talking to my mom about it before I did it. I told her I was thinking about haveing sex and that I wanted birth control. She told me that I was too young to be haveing sex and wouldn't put me on the pill. Despite my attempts to abstain.. it happened anyway. She doesn't know that I've done it, and I don't plan on telling her. I do want some form of birth control though. How do you think I should go about this? And do you think there is already some possibility that I might be pregnant already? Please help.
Posts: 14 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetie, condoms ARE a form of birth control, and very effective ones at that. Less than 2 in 100 women will become pregnant with perfect condom usage yearly, as compared to less than 1 with perfect pill/hormonal method usage -- though it's worthy of note that perfect pill usage is more difficult to obtain for most couples than perfect condom usage. Condoms also are the only birth control method that offers STI protection as well. :)

There's no need to pull out, though -- condoms are made to handle a full load, and being in a hurry to withdraw can actually increase the chance the condom slips. To be sure you're using condoms correctly, check out this page:

Condom Basics: A User's Manual

Knowing this, if you'd still like a prescription birth control method, you can leave us your zip code and we can direct you to a local health department or Planned Parenthood that can help you obtain your chosen method.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krystall
Neophyte
Member # 35942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krystall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
zip code- 46239
Posts: 14 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the information for the PP closest to you; why not give them a call? :)

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/centerDetails.asp?id=620

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.