Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » weird...or not?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: weird...or not?
a0231
Activist
Member # 35379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a0231     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've looked online for answers to this question, but I keep getting stupid answers like that I may be pregnant or something. Which, as far as I am concerned, would be an absolute MIRACLE because I am on the BCP and we use condoms. (Not at first, but when he gets close to orgasm, which you guys told me was okay.) Neither one of us has STIs/STDs and we are completely monogomous, so that's why I'm kinda wondering "what's up DOWN THERE?"

Ever since last Sunday, the last time my boyfriend and I had sex, (which, though this may be unnecessary to say so, but I thought this might be the cause -- was very rough sex) I've been having this sort of thick, white, creamy discharge. It then dries kind of yellow-y. It doesn't smell (except like NORMAL dishcarge) and I have no signs of infection. I think I could be ovulating, according to my BCP pack, BUT I don't ever remember this happening previously. What's up with this? This couldn't be an early sign of pregnancy right? I mean, from a previous time we had intercourse...not this past Sunday. Ugh, it's just annoying to not know why my discharge has all of a sudden changed...

Posts: 104 | From: College | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ovulatory mucus is thin and clear, not thick and white.

How long have you been on your BCPs? I ask, because part of how they work is to thicken mucus (thus, impacting sperm mobility just in case a pill user does happen to release an egg), so it'd be normal for you to see this kind of discharge really frequently.

[ 12-15-2007, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a0231
Activist
Member # 35379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a0231     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on them for about 1 year, though I did skip a couple periods taking packs back-to-back.
Posts: 104 | From: College | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.