Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I don't get as wet as I used to

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't get as wet as I used to
phenomana
Neophyte
Member # 35822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phenomana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed the last few times I've had sex that I don't get as wet as I used to during or before intercourse. Over the past few months I've had chronic yeast infections that go away but come back over a short period of time. I've been pretty embarrassed about it and I haven't been able to let my girlfriend make love to me because of it. Can anyone tell me what it might be?
Posts: 2 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, infections can certainly influence the way that our bodies lubricate. Have you been seen by a health care provider for these infections? If not, head to one right away.

Also, keep in mind that lubrication (and vaginal discharge in general) varies throughout the normal menstrual cycle. So in other words, sometimes we are going to lubricate more than others because of what is going on with our hormones.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phenomana
Neophyte
Member # 35822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phenomana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been to my gyno on more than one occasion and she said that everything checked out. They tested me for everything and she said it could be some kind of hormonal imbalance or because of my menstrual cycle and that I was supposed to check back after my last period if things didn't change. My period just ended so I'm going to give it a few days to see if things are any different.
Posts: 2 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.