Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » just wondering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just wondering
Jacquie
Neophyte
Member # 35610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacquie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I got drunk Saturday night. He barely started to penetrate when we both realized it was a bad idea, and so he made sure to pull out right away, the only ejaculation fluid would have been pre-ejaculation fluid. This was my first exposure to any sort of seamen in my vaginal area. I made sure to go and get Plan B today, took a pregnancy test at the county health department center and it came back negative. I plan on taking another pregnancy test in about two weeks. Unfortunately, due to stress and illness (I'm a college student) my period has been off and on for a while now, heavy one month, light and short the next, then not even some months. I've tried to regulate it with correct diet and exercise, but I'm thinking it would be wise to go on a low dosage of birth control. I really don't want to be sexually active at all right now, and my boyfriend feels the same way. It's not that I don't think it's not okay to have before marriage, I just don't want to. The nurse on campus today was really degrading, and didn't act like she could ever look at me the same way, even though I didn't go all the way, and he didn't even really penetrate. The health department was great however. I strongly suggest to young women to try going there if they can.

Sorry... this turned into a rant....

Posts: 3 | From: Texas/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like you've done everything you can do, for right now. Pregnancy tests are accurate 10-14 days after the risk, so unfortuneatly the test you took may not be accurate (as it's too soon). Taking another test in a few weeks is a good idea.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience w/ the nurse on campus. I would encourage you to lodge a formal complaint (preferably in writing, so you can have a copy, and send one to the university too) against that nurse with whoever is in charge of the clinic.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.