Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » plan b

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: plan b
highsandlows
Neophyte
Member # 32133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for highsandlows     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im sorry to say its me again..thank you guys so much for even just listening. I have been to the doctor and have discussed some of my irrational fears about pregnancy with her.
Last wednesday morning, i had sex with my boyfriend.My period had started the wednesday before that and ended around the sunday. In the middle of sex the condom rolled off but it did not come off fully. I had started the new pack of my pills (after my pill free week) on the saturday bit due to exam stress and all i mite not of taken them at exactly 2.00 pm everyday (like i usually do) but it would of been very close to that time.
when my boyfriend told me that the condom had rolled off (kinda rolled down to the top of his penis) he pulled out of me immediatly and he said that he didnt come. I will be honest with you guys i had a huge panic attack..i was shaking and scared..so i decided to go to the doc for plan b.
Wait for this...so i went and she said it was a good idea for me to take it and she said she had a dose of the morning after pill for patients in her drawer in the cases of emergencies..so she gave it to me. So I went home and took the tablet.. then i looked at the box and the bloody thing was out of date...i couldnt believe it. So i went to another doc of mine and he suggested that i take it again..so i did. So basically i took two doses of plan b within 4 hours of the having the sex...what are my chances of pregnancy?? Will my period be delayed big time coz I took the morning after pill twice? around 4 days after i took it i had a slight few drops of blood is this normal??
As usual i really appreciate any replies..thank you for listening.
I find it hard to even be with my boyfriend since this, i dont want to be intinate with him anymore..i feel its too risky and i cant take the stress and the worry of me becoming pregnant. Thanks for listening..hopefully you guys can put my mind at ease again.
regards

Posts: 12 | From: Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, I really don't see that there was even a need for EC here, and that even without it, that you would have been at all likely to become pregnant.

I'm not saying that to invalidate your concerns or worries, but just so that you know, that there was NOT likely a viable risk in the first place.

That stinks about the EC blunder, but yes, by all means, pregnancy should be a non-concern now. per your withdrawal bleeds, yes, they may be off for a little while, but since you're on the pill, likely not for very long, and they may not be at all.

It's always okay to have an experience that did or you felt presented a risk and figure that that risk doesn't make sex or a kind of sex worth it for you. Just do know that there are other forms of physical intimacy -- even just making out and snuggling -- you can still enjoy which don't pose you any physical risks, if this is putting a wedge in your relationship you don't like and you WANT physical intimacy.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
highsandlows
Neophyte
Member # 32133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for highsandlows     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you..im just hoping im going to be ok..thanks for the advice and for putting my mind at ease...you guys are great
Posts: 12 | From: Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you're going to be okay. [Smile]

But obviously, you want to avoid those panic attacks, so just be sure that a) you're really aware of what does and doesn't present real risks from here on out -- like the fact that if you're on the combination pill, taking it an hour or two or even half a day later doesn't change your effectiveness -- and b)you're only engaging in whatever sexual activity you really feel okay with, including whatever risks it may present.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.