Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I Still Think I Could Be...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Still Think I Could Be...
RubioWolf
Neophyte
Member # 35509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RubioWolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive posted a topic here 2 days ago, the one saying that my friends think im pregnant, and im still worried that i could be. i know its only been a few dasy, but im really worried abt it. i think im having my period, but im just spotting...but my period is never normal anyway...normally i only get it maybe a few months out of the year. And the last few mornings ive been waking up with heartburn and kinda an upset stomach..but it goes away after like 2-3 hrs....so am i just worrying too much, or could i b?
Posts: 2 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, at this point in time, given when you said your risk was, and given how long it takes to become pregnant, even if you were GOING to become pregnant from that risk, you could not be pregnant YET.

Nor could you be having any symptoms of pregnancy until you are actually pregnant, which takes more that a couple of days.

By all means, if when it has been 10-14 days since your risk you are still worrying, take a pregnancy test to ease your mind.

But since you used a birth control method you have no reason to think failed (unless you didn't give us all the information), and since it's too soon for you to even BE pregnant, I think your best bet is to a) tell your friend to give it a rest, since she can't phsycially determine anyone's pregnancy and b) do yourself a favor and relax.

And henceforth, if the idea of pregnancy when it isn't even at all likely freaks you out this much, sounds like it might be best for you to hold off on sex with a partner from here on out, until you do feel better about the possible risks, or about trusting methods of birth control.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.