Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Help appreciated

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help appreciated
xheartshapebox
Neophyte
Member # 35137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xheartshapebox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey

Im 16 (male) and i feel im ready to have sex now.
When the time eventually comes im EXTRMELY worried about two things in particular:

1.My penis is a tiny 5 inches in lenth and 4.5 in girth. its ridiculous.

2. When i masturbate, i cum VERY quickly. I really cant see myself lasting during foreplay (blowjob etc) or sex if i cant even last using my hand.
Ive learnt to hold the cum from coming out, but i doubt this is safe.

Should i wait until i find a way to last longer, or just deal with the embarassment.
Its been on my mind alot recently and its a shame because i feel im missing out.

Thanks in advance

Posts: 4 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Your penis is literally one half inch smaller than the average in length, and exactly average in girth. There's nothing ridiculous about perfectly normal genitalia. And there are a LOT of people who diverge from the average more than that, people who have totally satisfying sex lives with partners who have totally saisfying sex lives. There are a lot of guys with perfectly average sized penises or above average sized penises whose partners are unsatisfied. Know too, that if your partner is female, length is pretty much a non-issue in most cases since just past the first inch or so of the vagina, the vagina is largely without nerve endings to feel anything: all the important stuff when it comes to the vagina is in the front, and what surrounds the vagina is generally more important than anything inside it, anyway.

More importantly perhaps is this: know the old adage about how it isn't whatcha got, it's how you use it? It's true, and even more true than it is when it comes to your penis, it's true when it comes to how you use your whole body and your brain in sex. No given size of penis, all by itself, has much to offer a partner -- communication, creativity and responsiveness are the best tools anyone has for satisfying sex, and without them, any sex with anyone, with any size whatever, is lackluster.

2. It's normal to reach orgasm quickly for young men, solo or with partners. But masturbation and partnered sex are also very different, so it's possible you won't reach orgasm as quickly with a partner, who isn't going to know just how to get you there right off the bat the way you do.

Plus, no one should be embarassed about the way bodies normally function with a sex partner: if you don't feel comfortable enough with things like this with him or her just yet, that's a really good reason to hold off on partnered sex until it does seem a bit less daunting.

No one is missing out on something if the time isn't right for it, because if it isn't, then the sex usually isn't anything to write home about.

[ 09-22-2007, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67157 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xheartshapebox
Neophyte
Member # 35137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xheartshapebox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks alot [Smile]

Its nice to hear from a females point of view as well

Posts: 4 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.