Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Chances/Cost

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chances/Cost
Glitter74
Neophyte
Member # 34655

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Glitter74     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hooked up with some kid that is like friends with my best friend's boyfriend and I forgot to have him use a condom. Yes, as stupid as I know that sounds, I straight-up forgot.. Anyways.. he pulled out and then I got EC the next day because i didn't realize until the next day that I had forgotten.. This by the way wasn't the 1st time we hooked up... we've done it before but always were protected..

So my question is what are the chances that I could be prenant? My friend said that EC works pretty good... but I had just ended my period maybe 4 or so days before i hooked up with that kid...

I know that I need to get tested because I don't even know this kid... much less his sexual history... but I wondering about how much it would cost to get tested if I went to like planned parenthood since I'm 17 or could I get tested at my gynecologist's office with out my mother finding out?

--------------------
+you gotta love it and never give up+

Posts: 9 | From: New york | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It depends on your income: Planned Parenthood uses a sliding scale for their fees.

Yoour parent will also not be notified. So, your best bet is simply to open the phone book and call Planned Parenthood and/or any other local sexual health clinics and simply ask them what it would cost for you. Costs vary from clinic-to-clinic, as do the way the scale is applied.

Per going to your private GYN, if it's covered by your parents insurance, then your visit would likely show up on their bill, as might the tests you had done.

And if you took the EC the very next day, it is not likely you will become pregnant. It is highly effective, especially when taken so soon.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glitter74
Neophyte
Member # 34655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glitter74     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok,I'll call them... I have the number for the local one becuase I had to call them to keep the clinic open for me because I got so lost diving there...

Thanks for the info. =]

--------------------

Posts: 9 | From: New york | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glitter74
Neophyte
Member # 34655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glitter74     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so right after I posted this I got some spotting.. similar to the brown discharge that comes like the day or so after my period ends... except i havent had my period for over a week and EC was about 4 days ago... Is this spotting due to the EC, because I never spotted before when it wasn't the end of my period.

--------------------

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After you take EC, you can expect that you might have some unpredictable bleeding or spotting for a while, as well as irregular periods for a cycle or two.

But still do make sure to get those STI screens, to cover all your bases, okay?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glitter74
Neophyte
Member # 34655

Ohh.. ok i was like what's going on??

Yup, I know. I just gotta wait for my next pay check, but I will.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.