Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnant while on the pill...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnant while on the pill...
hockeylover987654321
Activist
Member # 29461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hockeylover987654321     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there.. I've been on the pill for about a year now and I'm sexually active with my boyfriend. This past month I had sex with my boyfriend and the condom didn't break but may have leaked or something because my boyfriend seemed to think that something minor could have been wrong. A few days after that I forgot to take a pill until about 12 hours after the fact. Now, my pill pack is finished and it is time for me to have my withdrawal bleed which has always occurred at the same time. Today, however, I have experienced nothing but minimal spotting.. which is unusual.
A few questions... I did have my first pap smear test a week prior to today - could that have affected this lateness or anything else for that matter? Also, after the pap smear test - I had symptoms of what appeared to be a bladder infection - constantly running to the bathroom and experiencing a burning feeling. However, both of these symptoms stopped after only 2-3 days. I was wondering if perhaps any of these details pointed toward some reason for concern or some clarification as to why my period has not arrived.
Also - just for future reference as I was always curious - I know that it is extremely difficult to become pregnant while on the pill as long as it is taken properly. However, if pills were forgotten or whatnot I realize that it is possible to get pregnant but I was wondering whether one would still experience the withdrawal bleed or whether this would not occur (just like a period doesn't occur if someone is pregnant). Does any blood that comes during a withdrawal bleed while on the pill signify that no pregnancy has occurred?
Am I at risk?
Thanks in advance for the info you can provide.

Posts: 49 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please don't double post- it's against the guidelines you agreed to when you signed up for the boards. Your question is being answered here:

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=27;t=016530

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(oops, board wonk)

[ 06-26-2007, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: JamsessionVT ]

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.