Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy Possibility Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy Possibility Question
ferio
Neophyte
Member # 32765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few days ago my girlfriend and I were fooling around and my penis came into contact with her vagina. Penetration was minimal to none, but we're worried that the pre-ejaculate could cause pregnancy. She is taking a birth control pill for regulating her cycle and acne therapy, which she has been taking every day. I have seen claims/studies that pre-ejaculate can contain motile sperm, and also that it can't, or rather it doesn't and if it does it is minuscule.

We're both relatively ignorant when it comes to sexual health since she and I didn't know there was a risk of pregnancy from that. This is something she and I don't plan to repeat since we are not ready for a child at all. We don't plan on having sex until marriage, and this will serve as a reminder not to engage in risky behavior.

I understand that the risk is probably very small, but I'd like to get someone else's opinion.

[ 02-20-2007, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: ferio ]

Posts: 3 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because your girlfriend is taking the birth control pill (provided she takes it at the same time everyday), you have no risk from this.

Pre ejaculate can contain sperm, but that is a moot point, provided your girlfriend is taking her pill properly.

You do have STI risks though ... If you and your girlfriend haven't been tested yet, you need to do so now. Condoms for any sort of sexual activity will reduce your risks for both pregnancy and STIs.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferio
Neophyte
Member # 32765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she had taken it at a different time one day would that increase the risk significantly? Should we think about Plan B?

I understand now there is a risk of STIs even if we are both virgins. We will definitely take appropriate steps to educate ourselves.

Posts: 3 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not really. I don't think you need Plan B here.

I am glad you are taking steps to educate yourselves! It's important!

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferio
Neophyte
Member # 32765

Thanks for your advice, I sincerely hope we are worrying about nothing.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.