Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Lost Birth Control Pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lost Birth Control Pill
sportchick
Activist
Member # 27063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sportchick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so as I was going to take my pill this morning, I dropped it and lost it. Yikes! So, I just took the pill for tomorrow, and then I will take the next one the day after that, basically just be a week ahead. I'm supposed to start my sugar pills on Sunday, but because of this, I'll start on Satruday. Is this ok? What should I do? Am I going to be protected? Please Help!
Posts: 72 | From: N.E | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should be alright. Just keep taking your pills, and you'll start the sugar pills one day earlier than you normally would.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sportchick
Activist
Member # 27063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sportchick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not planning on having sex anytime soon, so I'm not too worried about any risks this month. Should I start my new pack of pills next sunday like I normally would, or should I start them on Saturday becuase I missed this one pill? If I started it on sunday, I would have had an 8 day homomone free strech. I just wonder if that would put me at greater risk for pregnancy next month.
Posts: 72 | From: N.E | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, you can start your next pill pack when you normally would, and the extra day shouldn't really have an affect in the effectiveness of your pill.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.