Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Periods Back! YIPPY!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Periods Back! YIPPY!
lil_kiwi
Activist
Member # 26749

Icon 10 posted      Profile for lil_kiwi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have finally gotten my period back after 5-6 months. My gyno got back the blood results and it said nothing was wrong. Weird huh? She talked about stress, anorexia, and other issues that could of caused it. But I am not anorexic, and the only month I was extremely stressed out to the point it should of effected my health was the month I got it back. Now I am dealing with another dilema. My breasts seem to have shrunk to a AA cup, if that. I still love myself the way I am. I love my girls too. But I was just wondering, do you think this is permenant? And how long should it take to bring them back again. I am at my highest weight ever, and most pitiful bra size. I think it's cause I am not producing enough estrogen yet. Which I so will wait till it comes back if that's the case. But I have also been having days where I can only have one meal a day because I am so busy and usually binge so I get all the calories I need. I am resolving this problem now. But could this also be a reason my cup size shrank. And omg, I am so sorry I posted another issue on breast. Please don't hate me!
Posts: 198 | From: Ca, USA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil_kiwi
Activist
Member # 26749

Icon 8 posted      Profile for lil_kiwi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
P.S. This all happened right before and after I got my period. Did I like use up all my hormones or something when I got it?
Posts: 198 | From: Ca, USA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil_kiwi
Activist
Member # 26749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil_kiwi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please if you don't know, could you please just say so..
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, kiwi? You've been around here long enough to know that we're all volunteers here. We try our best to get to questions as soon as we can, but not having your question answered within half an hour, especially later in the evening or during the night when there aren't as many staff available to answer questions, is something that can happen and is nothing to get impatient over.

Also? We prefer that if someone DOESN'T know an answer, to not just say so, because it wastes the resources the board needs to address everyone's questions and it can actually make it more likely someone who may know the answer never sees the topic.

That all said:

We really cannot tell you why your breast size is changing the way it is. It likely has to do with a hormone issue, or another nutrient or chemical issue in your own body that we just don't have the tools to digure out. Though, the fact that your eating habits are not the most healthy (binging all at once to get the calories you need in a day is not at all the healthy way to go about it, though I'm asusming you know that and mentioned you are working to fix that now).

I'd recomend you go back to your doctor (or go to your GP if you haven't yet gone like Heather last suggested to you). Ask them about the possibility of estrogen levels having an effect, ask what other nutrients or chemical imbalances you may need to address, tackle any stress or sleep or other general health problems you could be having, ask for a referral to a nutritionist who can help you plan the sort of meals during the day you should be getting, what times to get them, etc. so you're not hurting your body by binging all at once at one time during the day...

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.