Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Doubts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doubts
GreenSand
Activist
Member # 29241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreenSand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to come back here again to talk about the same situation.

Just want to tell you that i talked with my doctor and she told me that my last post about the hiv from a staple it's impossible. She told me that the HIV virus is very fragile outside the body and survives almost no time on the outside the body.

Just one more question i want to ask you that i didn't talk with my doctor, i forgot.
I work at a restaurant, and sometimes i have cuts on my hands. When i pick up the cups where the people drink, on the same place they drink with that cut on my finger, is it possible to transmit HIV, if that person has like a cut on the lips?

Sorry to ask about this again, i will not insist

Posts: 40 | From: Portugal | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say your doctor's words are valid in this situation as well -- not only is the HIV virus fragile outside the body, the scenario you're describing is a very far-fetched possibility. The person with the cut would have to be bleeding all over the place for it to present any remotely possible risk.

Did you talk to your doctor about seeking therapy for your anxiety, as urged in your previous posts?

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GreenSand
Activist
Member # 29241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreenSand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well thanks, of course i would not pick te cup without caution if i saw blood on it.

Well i will wait a few more days to see if i can take this out of my mind and then i will see a therapist to help me with the anxiety if i can not get rid of this thoughts.

Thanks

Posts: 40 | From: Portugal | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.