Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » major advice for mom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: major advice for mom
ABigCuriousDaughterhelp10
Neophyte
Member # 30465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ABigCuriousDaughterhelp10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, this is not about me, but my mom (and no she did not ask me to ask here) I am trying to maybe get some insight.

She is 40, going to be 41 in October. her period came normally last time, but afterwards her boobs hurt like they do before a period. Now she had her period 2 weeks early. this is unusual for her because its been normal forever. i don't know if its lite or heavy.

She is going in Monday for blood work to find out on Friday. well i can't wait that long, for some type of an idea.

She says she CANT be pregnant, like i didn't ask why but she said she couldn't...but even the nurse (where she made the appointment at) asked her if she could be pregnant

My family thinks it might be menapaus (sp?) but she thinks she is too young.

i want some possibilities like could it be something else? could she really be pregnant(which is one of the reasons i'm asking..i think it would be freakin sweet if she was), i honestly don't know. should i be worried? cause right now i'm anxious cause i want another sibling, but what..like i don't know, i'm kinda scared

I know this is a teen site, but i'm hoping maybe someone can help with some possibilites, or a website that i could find some help on, like ask a doctor and they actually reply? I've looked it up, but haven't really found answers.

Posts: 5 | From: Virginia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is defineatly NOT too soon for your mother to be beginning the early stages of menopause.

If she's having a period, it is very unlikely that she's pregnant. A pregnancy cannot survive the normal length and flow of a regular period.

I wouldn't worry about this right now. Your mother is doing the right thing by getting it all checked out. So hang in there! Hopefully you'll have some answers soon.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.