Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » IUD trouble

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IUD trouble
junster 18
Neophyte
Member # 30045

Icon 8 posted      Profile for junster 18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been on the Mirena IUD since May and have bled non-stop since only having a week of no bleeding. I called the doctor’s office and talked to a nurse who told me that spotting and stuff is okay. It isn’t just spotting; it is constant medium flow period kind of bleeding. I tried explaining it, but she said it was normal. I don’t understand how bleeding for months is normal!? Not only the bleeding, but I have been completely disinterested in sex, moody, and have been having some breakouts as well. I have tried many different types of birth control in the past and I really don’t feel like myself at all on them. I am very moody and depressed when I am on birth control, but I don’t trust condoms completely either. I hope you can give me some advice.
Posts: 4 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't trust the advice you're receiving over the phone, you need to make a doctors appointment and go in and see the doctor. Show him/her how heavy you're bleeding and, if you're interested, ask to have the IUD removed.

If hormonal/IUD methods are not working for you, you don't have to use them. There are other methods you can use, such as a diaphragm in addition to condoms. This gives you two methods of birth control, w/ neither of them being hormonal [Smile] Again, your doctor is the best person to talk to about this.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.