Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » My Period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Period
Khal
Neophyte
Member # 28295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My period ended on the 26th of March last month. I've had unprotected sex since then (only on birth control). After we had sex I took 3 of my pills just as a precaution. Then yesterday, the 6th, I got an odd discharge. It looks like I got my period but it's darker in color and a lot lighter. I'm still on it today. I shouldn't get my period for another 2 weeks. Do you know what this could be?
Posts: 2 | From: idaho | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khal
Neophyte
Member # 28295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and also, should I start taking my new pack of bc this sunday, or should i wait until my period should actually come
Posts: 2 | From: idaho | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it could be that you confused your body by changing around the hormones, so you're seeing some breakthough bleeding.

If you're on the pill and using it correctly (taking one pill each day around the same time) there is no reason you need to take extra birth control pills- it simply doesn't do anything (except maybe confuse your body a bit, as might be happening) and messes up the rest of your pack of pills.

Not to mention, THREE extra pills would do pretty much nothing for you even if you might have ovulated.

Certain pill types can be used as Emergency Contraception, but in order to figure trhat out and use those correctly, you need to know what prescription does actually work and how many pills you would have to take- just taking extra pills won't do anything helpful, make sense?

So what you should do now is continue taking your pill pack as normal- finish the pack, have the placebo week, then begin the next pack when you're supposed to based on this pack of pills.

(And I do apologize if I've gotten confused at all- I wasn't exactly sure on the wording of your post, so let me know if I miss-interpreted anything!)

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.