Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » please help me asap

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please help me asap
rosy1111
Neophyte
Member # 26164

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosy1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey i had sex last night with my boyfriend and now i am scared we never used a condom and he did pull out before he cummed because it got all over my boobs lol but thats beside the point i have my period right now so when we had sex i had my period right after having sex i took my first birth contol pill just started them after sex. Is there any chance that i could be pregent since i had my period durin sex. with out a condom....
Posts: 21 | From: Sask, Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you had not been taking the BC pills for one full cycle, you would have had a risk. Taking one right after the fact does not decrease your risk: that just isn't how they work. Being on your period also doesn't eliminate risk: that isn't usually the HIGHEST risk time for most women, but it isn't the lowest, either.

I'd advise obtaining emergency contraception/the morning after pill if you wish to prevent pregnancy.

And you will also need, this whole first cycle of pills, for your partner to still use condoms. In addition, if neither of you has been practicing safer sex -- that's screenings AND latex barriers -- monogamously, for at least six months, your STI risks are still high, so we'd advise using condoms (and latex barriers for other sexual activities) for at least that long.

[ 04-08-2006, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Miz Scarlet ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.