Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: Body and Soul.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » "Happy Trail"

Author Topic: "Happy Trail"
devons*babii
Neophyte
Member # 21257

Icon 5 posted      Profile for devons*babii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was younger I went through that stage when I just wanted to shave every part of my body.. not sure if all people do, but I know that a lot do. Well, I shaved my arms (not too big of a mistake, grew back fine) my pubic area (which I still shave) and my stomach.. oh god was that a mistake. I used to be a blonde when I was younger (as I got older my hair got darker) so I had very very light blonde hair on my stomach. Not a lot, if I could turn back I would welcome that. But I shaved it and what grew back was dark hair, basically the same as pubic hair. So basically I have to shave *every single day* otherwise it's stubbly. And even when it is shaved, you can still see a dark line. Will this *ever* go away?! It's seriously affecting me.. during sex I'm scared to be in the light! I am thin and have a totally normal body, but I'm scared to be in a bikini because of it. What can I do?

Also, I get horrible razorburn when I shave my armpits (I have horrible shaving luck, I know.) any ideas? I have that BikiniZone razorburn stuff but that doesn't work all that great.

Thanks!
Tammy

Posts: 5 | From: Velva, ND US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shaving is not a crisis, nor something that needs be addressed ASAP, which is what this area of the boards is for.

Moving this to the Body and Soul forum, where it can live in the commune the 3,498 other shaving topics have been forming.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.