Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » About my previous problem.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: About my previous problem.
nuna07
Neophyte
Member # 19163

Icon 5 posted      Profile for nuna07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is still about that same problem, I am going to get it checked out by my friend's mom who is a midwife and familiar with certain things. But I had one hopefully last, question. I talked to my partner and he said that he definitely without a doubt does not have any STD's or any cold sores, and he knows this for a fact because he had to get tested for everything in order to get into the marines. So can herpes or something like it be contracted from any other, just regular, germ? If not, what kind of infection could this be and do you know any possible way I can treat it? Thank you so much, again.
Posts: 5 | From: Darien, IL 60561 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
most people pick up oral herpes as small children (during a lot of slobbery hand-to-mouth-to-toys play).

I've definitely noticed the military is supser-thorough when they do STD screens, so I'd ay that's a reliable result. Can oyu get herpes some other way, then? no. you need to be infected with the herpes virus.

So if you've got those weird bumps on your gentals, well, the only way to know for sure is to get them looked at by a doctor.

and if you suspect your questions are going to require more than a one-shot reply, please don't post it in AskST. the main forum (Sex Basics, etc.) are more suited for the task.

------------------
You'll no longer have any reason to doubt the
transcendent power of love after you see it obliterate
an entire armored division in military tests.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.