Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » How do I know if I'm bisexual?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do I know if I'm bisexual?
Juri
Neophyte
Member # 7008

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Juri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question - if it's not, tell me where to post it - but here goes nothing. I am 19, female and currently in college. I've had two relationships with guys that didn't work out because the guys wanted to have much more serious relationships than I felt I was ready for. I'm currently single and have never had sex with either gender. I'm sure I'm attracted to guys, but earlier this year I began to wonder if I'm attracted to girls also. I have this really close female friend and there has been times when I'm sure I love her more than a friend. There's other evidence of an attraction to girls. But I'm wondering if this is more of a security issue - I was a late bloomer and didn't date until college and since I'm having trouble liking straight guys b/c I'm afraid of hurting their feelings if they like me more than I like them. Any girl I've thought I could like has been straight, so there's no danger of them liking me back. Do you think this is just late questioning of my sexuality, a security issuje or am I just having trouble accepting the fact I'm bi? (And thanks for letting me ramble on and ask general questions^^)
Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Juri, welcome to the boards!!

We have two postboards in "Gaydar" that you're able to post in and ask these kinds of questions ... As this board is mainly for crisis'.

I found a great thread about bisexuality here

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.