Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » bleeding- yikes!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bleeding- yikes!
cowgirl3150
Neophyte
Member # 6745

Icon 5 posted      Profile for cowgirl3150     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been on depo for over two years now and haven't had my period since I've been on it. My problem is that whenever my bf and I fool around (not sex, just penetration w/hand)I almost always bleed-sometimes a lot. Is this normal? Should I be concerned at all? I'm not a virgin so it's not a matter of the "cherry." I've always had this problem only lately it's been more frequently and heavier. Any suggestions? help? Thank you!!
Posts: 1 | From: Athens, OH, USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's really quite impossible for us to diagnose something over the internet, so you should talk about this to your doctor as soon as possible.

With that said, I will mention that bleeding following sexual activity usually indicates that something's being irritated or scratched in the process. Are you and your partner practicing safer sex? For manual sex (i.e., penetration with fingers or a hand, or any other stimulation of genitals with fingers or hands) your partner should always wear latex gloves, both to help prevent injury from fingernails or rough skin, and to prevent transmission of STDs and STIs.

But do talk to your doctor about this. It could just be minor scratching or irritation, but it could be something more serious. Either way, it should definitely be checked out by a doctor or other healthcare practitioner.

Oh, and trust me, there's no fruit down there. Around here, we ask that everybody try to use the correct terms for body parts, so as to avoid confusion and be perfectly clear on what's being discussed. In this case, what you called a cherry is really properly called a hymen, which may or may not have ever been present enough to cause pain and/or bleeding during sexual activity. There's more information on that in the second article I'm linking to below.

And here are a few articles that you might want to read over:

Safe, Sound & Sexy ? A Safer Sex How-To

Magical Cups, Bloody Brides
Pink Parts ? Female Sexual Anatomy

Kyth

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.