Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » SO WORRIED

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SO WORRIED
FoxyJessica2002
Neophyte
Member # 6561

Icon 11 posted      Profile for FoxyJessica2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my boyfriend have had sex maybe 3 times. I dont know if you would really considerate sex because all three times he only went in 5 times and then stopped because I didnt want to go all the way. But I am still worried that I might be pregnant.. so I have 3 questions. He says hes positive nothing came out but I was wondering.. can you get pregnant even thought your "cherry hasnt been popped"?..."Can PRE-cum get you pregnant"? And what is the likely hood that Im pregnant?!?
Oh yeah and does the sperm "die" once its out of a wet area.. like your dry hand or something?? thnx

------------------
**Jessica**

Posts: 5 | From: Monroe,NC,USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there FoxyJessica2002,

So, here's the deal..."can you get pregnant even thought your "cherry hasnt been popped"?" First of all, there is no such thing as a "cherry". Your genitals aren't a fruit salad, so I promise there's no random cherries taking up residence down there. It's called a "hymen", let's try to use the correct terms here so there's no confusion. And yes, it's possible to become pregnant even if your hymen is partially intact. If your partner penetrated you vaginally, then there is probably very little to nothing left of your hymen anyway (if you had a hymen to begin with, as many women don't). It's possible to become pregnant anytime there is contact between your genital area and your partner's.

"Can PRE-cum get you pregnant"? You bet ya, it most certainly can! Pre-ejaculate (correct terms, again here), can most certainly cause pregnancy. It contains sperm, so way before any "pulling out" may occur, there's lots of little sperm swimming away in there. This is why it's absolute imperitive that you use condoms for all contact! As soon as the clothing comes off, the condom should go on!

And what is the likely hood that Im pregnant?!?

quote:
From the Pregnancy Risk Flow Chart:
Did you have unprotected penis-in-vagina intercourse (no condom, no other birth control of any kind), but WITHOUT ejaculation into or onto the vagina or vaginal area?

If you DID have unprotected penis-in-vagina intercourse but the man DID NOT ejaculate, then you have a MODERATE to HIGH risk of pregnancy. See your health care provider as soon as possible for a pregnancy test/Morning After Pill and an STD screening.

Yes, you may be pregnant, and you might have picked up an STD. Both you and your boyfriend will need STD screens ASAP (in addition to you needing a pregnancy test).

does the sperm "die" once its out of a wet area.. like your dry hand or something?? Sperm can survive for up to seven days in a hospitible enviornment (such as a vagina), and around 20 minutes in an inhospitable enviornment (such as on hands, sheets, etc.). Once again, that's why it's so important to use safer sex methods all the time.

Ready or Not?
First Intercourse 101
Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To
A Simple Condom Primer

------------------
~KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate

There's hair there for a reason!

"Never insult an alligator until after you've crossed the river." ~Oriental Proverb

[This message has been edited by KittenGoddess (edited 01-15-2002).]

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.