Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Why am i s scared to have sex with my boyfriend?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why am i s scared to have sex with my boyfriend?
lilcutie
Neophyte
Member # 6264

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lilcutie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, i love my boyfriend and i know im ready..we never really have the chane to have sex..we are never completely alone long enough to have sex, and my parents went out for a nght and he came over and there was a bunch of ppl there and we didnt do nething. he wont make the move..hes just like that he doesnt know if i really want to but i always tell him i do.!!!wat is this abut!?! i really cant take the wait ne longer i have to have sex with him but i dont really kno what exacty to do!?! please help me!!

------------------
*<3!*LiLcUtIe*<3!*

Posts: 1 | From: quincy, ma, usa | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't tell you what going on inside his head but I'm willing to be he can. It sounds like the two of you need to sit down together and communicate. Talk to each other openly and honestly about how you feel, what you want, and what to do about it. Remember that just because you are ready doesn't mean he is.

A way to start communication would be to read Ready or Not? and First Intercourse 101 together. Talk about what the articles say and how they apply to your relationship. Communication is everything.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has it occured to you that maybe *he* might not be ready for sex? ookuotoe brought up an important point. you won't know if he's ready if you don't talk to him about it. and your subject asks why you're "afraid" to have sex with your boyfriend. that sounds like you're hesitating. there's nothing wrong with hesitation, as long as you know it's a sign to hold off until you are 120% ready. so please follow that link ookuotoe posted for you. read it over with your boyfriend if possible (or email it to him, or print it out for him, etc.).

and please don't be in any sort of hurry.

------------------
srm? wtf? iyhta ... rtfm!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.