Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Oh No, Please I beg you help me!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oh No, Please I beg you help me!!
butterflygirl
Neophyte
Member # 6140

Icon 9 posted      Profile for butterflygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was fine with my answer to "towel-pregnant?" in the advocate section and then I read below my post about a girl not getting her period and someone replied that anytime semen came in contact with the vulva you could get pregnant. I know that you are not allowed to post the same question twice but I am just really scared now so I am sorry that I am posting it twice. But anyway, I used a mans towel to dry myself when getting out of the shower and I technically did have the towel inside my vulva to dry it (not to sound graphic) and I am not sure if the towel had sperm on it or not but it could have. I used the towel several times and not all in the same day. I know that it was dirty and irresponsible and I have told my mom and she said that it is impossible to get pregant fom that because sperm die very quickly but I am really scared because I did not get my period for dec. and it was due on dec 3. When I used the towel it was in oct and then after I used it I did get my period on Nov.3 so I was pretty sure that I was not pregnant and I was relieved but then I read somehwere that even if you are pregnant you can get your period the first month and skip the second month and this would be the second month because I only used the towel in Oct. Also since this would be my 2nd month wouldent I have morning sickness and be showing? I had always gotten my period at the end of the month and then I skiped it for Oct. and got it Nov.3 instead of at the end of the month. I have not had any type of sexual activity except masterbation by myself. I have never done anything besides kissing with a boy. The thing that makes this so bad is that the towel belonged to a guy in my family. I am so sick over this. I am so sorry that I repeated a question but I really am hoping that you can help me. I am sorry if I included too much info but I really need your help. Please help me! Thank you.
Posts: 13 | From: N.Y. USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, hon, take a deep breath, okay? Stress is one of the many things that can affect your menstrual cycle, and it sounds like you're majorly stressed right now.

Okay, now for your questions. First off, unless the guy in question ejaculated on the towel or used it to clean up after sexual activity within an hour or so of when you used it to dry yourself, chances are very, very slim that there'd be any viable sperm on the towel. Sperm needs a very particular sort of environment in order to survive for very long, and towels in a bathroom simply aren't that sort of environment.

And also, menstrual cycles don't always last exactly the same number of days, particularly when you're young. You say your period was due on December 3rd, but that's only four days ago. And like I said earlier, stress frequently messes up menstrual cycles.

If you're really concerned that you might be pregnant, the easiest way to find out is to buy a home pregnancy test and take it. They're simple, cheap, easy, and usually quite accurate, particularly since the incident you're worried about happened back in October.

But hon, I really don't think you have much of anything to worry about. It sounds to me like your menstrual cycle is simply fluctuating a bit, as is perfectly normal for young women.
Kyth

------------------
Kythryne
Scarleteen Advocate

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform." - Alfred Kinsey

[This message has been edited by kythryne (edited 12-07-2001).]

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Butterflygirl,

Please hon, this is exactly the same questions you posted in "ask a sexpert."

Please, in the future, abide by the rules you agreed to upon registration. no double posts.

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.