Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » depressed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: depressed
m:i-2
Neophyte
Member # 5988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m:i-2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Latly life hasnt really been that great and there are so many problems at the momment.Things with my friends havent been going welll lately and I have some personal problems with my sexuality and school isn't exactly my favourite place either.I really cant see the point anymore and have actualy contemplated suicide.I talked to one of my friends about this and now I think that I have really upset her and I feel really guilty for upsetong her ,I don't know what to do.I feel like I'm being silly and I just dont know what to do.

------------------
Abby

Posts: 11 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're contemplating suicide, you're not being silly, you're just having problems in your life and you need professional help.

I can understand your need to tell your friend about your feelings, but i dont think it was the best thing to do at the time. You need to talk to a professional that will be able to help you, and i doubt your friend is a professional in this area or has dealt w/ it very often.

You need someone to talk to, and it has to be someone that can be objective. As much as they try, friends and family members often aren't objective enough to be of much help.

How about going to talk to a school guidance counselor? S/he'll be able to help you out, or direct you to someone else that will be able to.

Also, whenever you're feeling suicidal you need to get help ASAP! If you don't feel you can talk to anyone about it, just go for a walk and seriously think about what you'd be doing ... I've read somewhere that if a person can find something to occupy their mind for about 10mins, the suicidal feelings will pass and they're often out of danger (however, this is only temporarily). I don't know if this is actually true, but i know it's happened to me, personally.

Best of luck,hun. Let us know how it goes.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.