Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » Masturbation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Masturbation
Boxerlover
Activist
Member # 103434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boxerlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was talking to one of my friends who is trans
And they were talking about how they hate masturbating...and it seems like alot of other people like us feel the same way
But....I've never really had issues....it makes me feel good
I mean...I would rather have a yeah know...and I wouldn't really feel comfortable having sex or sticking it anywhere....but I don't know...I feel like something is wrong with me for not feeling like something is wrong in this particular area....sorry for bothering you guys

--------------------
>insert signature here (I'm so clever ^^)

Posts: 63 | From: New England | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Boxerlover,

You know, you get to feel what you feel. Just because other people in a group that you are a part of identity-wise have a certain experience, doesn't mean that you have to experience that thing in the same way.

It sounds like you're thinking that this somehow invalidates your trans identity. Is that how you're feeling and what you're thinking?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a really common misconception that all trans people hate their bodies in general and their genitals in particular. But not everyone who's trans has a level of discomfort high enough that sexual activity, whether that's alone or with a partner, is something they don't want or are upset by. There's a really wide range of experiences in how trans folks relate to their bodies and sexual feelings.

What your friend's describing is common among trans folks, sure. But so is finding a way to be pretty happy, sexually, working with the body parts that someone has at a particular time. And many folks have experiences somewhere in the middle as well, where certain kinds of sex are ok but others aren't, or something will feel great at some times but really triggering or upsetting at others.

So nothing's wrong with you for having your own experience here.

Posts: 1125 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.