Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » Trans-masculine/FTM Peer Support

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trans-masculine/FTM Peer Support
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of a few threads we've added to help those of you who are often dealing with similar issues -- or aren't, but are members of this one broad group with gender identity and want to connect, even in places you're not the same -- but perhaps not seeing each other in one place on the boards to know you can connect and talk together. We keep seeing some users who it seems like would SO benefit from talking together, but due to the business of the boards, probably don't realize are here to talk to.

This one is for anyone who is trans-masculine or FTM. This isn't about being in any given stage of transition, or even having started or decided to do that at all. This is just about how you feel and identify, regardless of how you outwardly present or may or may not identify to others.

IMPORTANT: What this thread is NOT for is anyone who does not feel or identify in those ways, but who is curious about people who do and wants to interview them in any way to satisfy their curiosity. This is a peer support thread for people who are sure or pretty darn sure they are or feel these kinds of gender identities. Thanks!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heyeverbody
Neophyte
Member # 71247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heyeverbody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure that I'm a. I think I'm more male than female though. How do I get people to accept me as a male? I told my boyfriend and he basically laughed at me and said the grass is always greener. I'm very female looking and already get testosterone injections.

[ 07-10-2011, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: heyeverbody ]

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blush
Activist
Member # 69019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blush     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by heyeverbody:
I'm pretty sure that I'm a. I think I'm more male than female though. How do I get people to accept me as a male? I told my boyfriend and he basically laughed at me and said the grass is always greener. I'm very female looking and already get testosterone injections.

Maybe he doesn't understand you because you didn't get across how serious you feel about it ? You could always try telling him how its not because your just 'curious' and or thats its a phase. That its something you feel strongly about. Best wishes to you [Smile]
Posts: 60 | From: Windy LittleTown | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I allowed to post here as someone who would broadly describe themselves as agender but tends to dress in a "masculine" way and who's main interest is stereotypically considered a guy thing (animation), and who does feel some degree of desire to present myself as male (though I personally don't want to have surgery to reach that goal), because I want to express that side of myself more? I have no desire to derail the thread, but I would find it helpful to discuss some of this with other people who are also thinking about their identity as men/masculine, though for others here it may be the whole of their gender identity where as for me it's more a part of it?

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jill: I'd say that with any of these new threads like this, if someone feels it's a place that's for them, it's a place that's for them. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.