Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » Penis size matter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Penis size matter
connor223
Neophyte
Member # 43672

Icon 5 posted      Profile for connor223     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question that bothering me and my friend told me that scarleteen could help.

When my friends and I changing in the locker room after sport game, their flaccid penis are longer and bigger than mine. I felt ashamed when I'm changing my boxer as my penis was doubt as small as an "eraser".

People say masturbate a lot can enlarge penis and my friends rarely masturbate while I do it very often. Although I'm pleased with my 5.5 inches penis when erect but I felt neglected with my flaccid penis as my friends are larger and longer than mine. Why?

Posts: 5 | From: Austria | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welly
Neophyte
Member # 41386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for welly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Masturbation won't change the size of your penis. If you are still in school, it's possible that your penis is not finished growing yet, although it's average length already. Some penises are about the same length flaccid as they are erect, while others change in size a great deal. You're perfectly normal!

Here is an article with more information:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/shown_actual_size_a_penis_shape_size_lowdown

Posts: 29 | From: United States | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flaccid penises don't reflect how long they will be when erect, as you seem to realize (and erect penises are usually what people are measuring when they "compare" penis size). There's nothing to be ashamed about with having a "small" penis, and I'm sure your penis is not an abnormal size. The size of penises varies a lot, and no one size is better than another. Also, masturbation doesn't have an effect on overall penis size. And really, there's no practical reason for your penis to need to be bigger -- in terms of pleasure (for you or a partner) or function -- neither when it's erect nor flaccid. So it's not something to worry about, learn to love yourself! [Smile]

Here's an article you might like to read:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/shown_actual_size_a_penis_shape_size_lowdown

Darn, welly beat me to it! [Razz]

[ 08-11-2009, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marigold
Activist
Member # 43862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marigold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi
there is a thread you might like, if you're interested in girls and worrying about your size: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/007801.html

don't get it wrong, your thing probably _will_ end up liked and wanted by some people, but it's not like we, girls (at least the ones in that thread) had an exact image of what we're searching for, and we would go around scanning everybody for that exact size etc, regardless of the person attached to it.

--------------------
{*)>>>{

Posts: 68 | From: slovakia | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonnie.N.Clyde
Activist
Member # 34135

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonnie.N.Clyde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Penis size shouldn't matter! I know that you probably feel a lot of pressure but the way you are is the way you should be. Masturbation will not change size and neither will other methods. Your penis will function as good as the next person's.

And it's also interesting to note that guys with bigger penises can sometimes find it uncomfortable and wish theirs were smaller. It is hard to feel satisfied with our own bodies but it's important to learn to love it, as the folks above said.

--------------------
-
"And when everyone is super, no one will be."

-Syndrome, "THE INCREDIBLES"

Posts: 116 | From: Olympia, WA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shyNnaive
Neophyte
Member # 52210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shyNnaive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From a girls point of view, it honestly doesn't matter what your penis size is. As I tell my boyfriend who feels the same way, it is all about the function; not about the size. =)
Posts: 3 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Connor,

Now that you have heard from the ladies, I will restate that not only are you perfectly normal both erect and flaccid; but, as the ladies stated, size doesn’t matter and that it is the person that does. I don’t know what is up with the link they gave you earlier but let’s try this again Shown Actual Size: A Penis Shape & Size Lowdown . You will note that you still have a few years before you may know your final size range. You will also see that flaccid size not only can vary for the same person at different times but that there is also no correlation with flaccid sizes and erect sizes; so some longer flaccid sizes may not change much when erect. Why does yours seem to be smaller than your friends, many guys when they are cold or even self conscious tend to ‘retract’ and it might just be that it is what is right for you. Bottom line is that if you ‘sampled’ enough guys you would see that you are normal. With that being said and the fact that you said that you are pleased with your erect size, isn’t that all that truly matters? [Smile]

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This link might also help clear some things up for you: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/of_growers_and_showers

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady
Neophyte
Member # 41249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend is like that and it doesn't change the way I see him or affect our sex life in any way. He is small when flaccid but grows a lot when he gets hard. It's actually fascinating to see, like a little surprise for me lol.
The size of a flaccid penis has nothing to do with your performance so you shouldn't worry.
And (although it's wrong) it's quite common for guys to tease each other about those things anyway, just ignore them. The only opinion that should matter to you is the person you will be sharing yourself with, and even then, if she doesn't like it then someone else will.
Be more confident with yourself, and remember, in the end of the day, it's your personality that counts! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile, and finds in your presence that life is worthwhile, so whenever you're lonely remember this is true, somebody somewhere, is thinking of you :)

Posts: 23 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissMomo
Neophyte
Member # 65400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissMomo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A flaccid penis doesn't necessarily drastically increase in size when it's erect. Penises look different because people ARE different.

For the record, your erect penis is probably about right for a Caucasian male, but penis size really shouldn't have any bearing on how girls view you. I've had sexual partners who were above average penis size who were great, but I've also had some who weren't. Same goes for guys with small to 'normal' penis sizes. What made the great guys great wasn't the size of their penis; it was the fact that they were nice guys who clearly cared that I was enjoying myself as much as they were!

Remember also that your penis is probably the last thing your future sexual partner is going to see before deciding they like you. You seem like a nice guy, so have confidence and be yourself! That's ultimately what should attract people to you.

Posts: 7 | From: Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Justin from Bish
Neophyte
Member # 64958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Justin from Bish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Connor

I totally agree with what everyone else has said here. Most penises are roughly the same size when erect but can vary when flaccid.

I made a brief animated video about this for my website here http://bishuk.com/2010/09/29/be-satisfied-with-your-penis-size/ which gives a couple of tips about feeling more confident about the size of your penis when it's flaccid.

Justin

--------------------
Justin Hancock
bishuk.com
bishtraining.com

Posts: 10 | From: UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I think a lot of people's comments were well-meant, some of you are making assumptions that aren't okay. Too, the original poster, Connor, hasn't commented on this thread in almost two years, so I feel like a lot of this debate isn't helpful, okay?

I want to unpack a lot of this, because we seem to be making similar incorrect assumptions. That's not something to feel bad about, but maybe we can change the way we talk about penises and their size, you know?

Speaking generally, it's not okay to assume that the "value" of a penis - a multifunctional anatomical structure - has to do primarily with sexual function, or primarily with partnered sex (especially given that Connor never mentioned any anxiety about sexual function or even mentioned partnered sex as something he was interested in).

OWL Dan, I don't think it's correct that erect size is "all that truly matters". A penis cannot be "good" or "not good", to start with, and size is certainly not a determining factor.

MissMomo, I don't think it's okay to say that an average size is "right", or to assume that a poster is Caucasian when they haven't stated that. I also don't agree that seeing someone's genitals comes before (or after) deciding whether or not one likes them as a person.

I'm not sure why you're bringing up how girls would view a penis, seeing as that's not something Connor asked about (he doesn't mention women or his sexual orientation at all). A lot of people made that same assumption that Connor was worried about "what women might think". Obviously, women's opinions on here are extremely welcome, but a few people seem to be projecting their own ideas about penises and assuming that what hypothetical women in general might think was what Connor was asking about.

Like I say, I think people were trying to be helpful with their comments, and that's obviously welcome, but as a society we tend to misstep when we're talking about penises, so I wanted to discuss how I think we're doing that.

--------------------
“In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I don’t know what I am. I don’t know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.