Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question
coralee
Peer Ambassador
Member # 43628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coralee         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have recently been thinking about my gender. I have been thinking if I am genderqueer. I am biologically female, but even when I was a little kid I have always felt somewhat uncomfortable with being a girl or woman. It's not just that I don't like gender stereotypes. I even used to want to be a nurse or a teacher, which are fields generally welcoming to women.

A lot of times, when I sleep/dream, I will either be a man in those dreams or I won't really have a gender, and that feels right to me.

I guess I often wish that I was a man. But I don't feel uncomfortable with my body. I mean, I don't want a penis or no breasts. I just wish that the world saw me as male. I also like to dress and style my hair so that I appear less feminine.

All this kind of conflicts with my faith (Christianity), though I am a pretty liberal Christian. I guess it doesn't conflict as much with my personal beliefs as I just don't want to be seen negatively by other Christians.

Has anyone had a similar experience with being Christian and questioning their gender? Or any helpful resources?

Posts: 143 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
coralee, it sounds like what you're describing is very natural. (The one thing that got me was the suggesting that female teachers or nurses are fulfilling traditional gender roles when, yes, they may be traditional female jobs but you're going to find a lot of gender diversity in any profession based on the numbers alone. [Razz] )

I'm not Christian myself but I think it need not be in conflict with your faith-- really! What denomination are you? Perhaps you would find more people who share this view towards gender in other churches, such as at a Unitarian Universalist church. I'm also not really the one for a big conversation on gender other than to say that you're absolutely fine as you are-- others can come and share more but I didn't want to just leave you hanging for now. [Smile] For starters, have you seen our articles on gender? Here are many, many links in our tag on gender.

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coralee
Peer Ambassador
Member # 43628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coralee         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your response. I agree that there is gender diversity in those fields. I guess I just wanted to say that I'm not rejecting being feminine just to rebel against social norms. Unitarian Universalist does sound like an cool church and maybe I will check it out [Smile]
Posts: 143 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Appu
Neophyte
Member # 48920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Appu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About penis enlargement. Is there any natural method to the same?

--------------------
Thanks,
Appu

Posts: 1 | From: Dubai | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Appu. I'd like to ask that when you have a question, please make a new topic using the link at the top of the page. Thanks [Smile] And no, there are no natural methods to enlarge penises -- in fact, any pills or whatnot don't work, either.
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.