Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Support Groups.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » My dads an alcoholic

Author Topic: My dads an alcoholic
AnimalLover
Neophyte
Member # 30524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnimalLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please help me someone because my dad won't stop drinking. Every night my da drinks and whenever he goes out tho the club he can never have 2 drinks he has to have 3,4,5,6,7 or even 8 and he comes home and makes aload of noise at about 12am. My sister has tried to talk to him but he just ignores her and carries in doing whatever it is dads do. My mum is threatining to have a divorce with him and i don't want them two to split up. What should i do? [Eek!]

--------------------
***Smile and the world will smile with you!***

Posts: 26 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your dad's drinking is something that is not in your control. I have an alcoholic father as well, and no amount of reasoning has reached his stubborn ears. People who are addicted to any substance have the choice to stop and/or seek professional help; if they can't make that choice for themselves, it's pretty fruitless to try to budge them.

What are you doing to cope? Do you have places you can go when he drinks too much? What about hobbies, friends, etc.

From a glance about, it looks like you have a lot on your plate right now. Between the questioning of your orientation, fear of being watched, and your dad's drinking problem, it looks a lot like you could benefit from counseling or therapy. Is that an option for you?

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.