Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » Boys?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boys?
Blahgirl14
Neophyte
Member # 8152

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Blahgirl14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are almost all "boys" immature, because at my school they like say things to put you down, i mean they call like every girl they don't like a lesbian when there really are not. and they keep stupid aren't true. They like to get girls' shirts wet when they have white shirts on, and its like, why do you want to do that. They also flirt w/ all girls, except ones they don't like. Even my ex. does this, i hate it! are almost all boys between agaes 13-15 like that?
Posts: 15 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well of course it's impossible to generalize like that about ALL boys, but... yes, a lot of boys between 13 and 15 can be immature.

When you think about it, 13 is pretty young, and pretty close to childhood. Physically, most of them aren't fully mature. If they flirt a lot, or try to see through girls' white shirts, they're probably just trying to prove their masculinity/heterosexuality (to themselves and/or others). Does that make sexist, immature behavior okay? No, you have every right to tell them that the way they're acting doesn't impress you, and hopefully they'll start to mature socially as well as physically!

P.S. Lots of girls between the ages of 13 and 15 can be pretty immature too. Watch out for cattiness and obsession with appearances!

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 12 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not just boys, luv! A lot of girls are well into the immature category!

Most people are immature sometimes. I mean, I think farting is funny and I stick my tongue out at people sometimes. Being mature is about being open minded. Seeing the world through somebody elses eyes takes a lot of maturity.

Don't say goodbye to your childhood too soon. It's good to have a balance! (Hey, not I'm just saying that so I don't feel bad about singing Baa Baa Black Sheep in the shower!)

*lotsa hugs from da bajjah*

------------------
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.