Donate Now

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » anorexic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anorexic
marie45
Neophyte
Member # 32565

Icon 5 posted      Profile for marie45     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont no if this is the right place to put this question but here it goes ne ways...

Well i have been through slot and now i am just not eating im not hungry i dont no if its just a way that i feel like i have control but im am exercising alot more and i have had an eating disorder in the past but i just dont want food ne more just leae comment i really dont no what the question was here... [Confused]

--------------------
Brittany

Posts: 20 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's good that you're trying to be aware of this, Brittany. What about talking to your regular doctor or the counselor who treated you for your eating disorder in the past? What were the signs of it before -- were you also eating less, under stress and exercising a lot? How did you deal with it?

I'm not an expert in diagnosising or treating eating disorders, but eating and going through tough times certainly can be related. Some people eat more, some less, etc. How much are you exercising? Generally, exercising is good, especially as a stress reducer, although when done excessive it can be bad. I don't know what's the case for you.

In any case, I'd talk to a professional, like a counselor, coach or dietician. So you can figure out and work on what's the cause of you feeling bad right now. That you can find coping strategies that are positive. (Like starting a journal, taking a dance class or volunteering?) You could talk about how much exercise is appropriate. And you can analyze what/when/how much you're eating -- you can make a plan so you know you're eating healthfully, that you're getting enough nutrients and calories.

How does this sound to you as somewhere to start from? As I said before, it's really good that you're noticing signs that you might want to take a different approach. Eating disorders in our past can make it likelier for signs to pop up again in the future. However, it isn't necessarily bad: It just means we figure out what's going on, make a few little changes, and then we're back on track. It sounds like that certainly could be the situaton you're in right now. [Smile]

[ 02-10-2007, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Ecofem ]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.