Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » I feel fat. Please help me!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I feel fat. Please help me!
Poopsicle
Neophyte
Member # 31684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poopsicle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I guess I've always dealt with being slightly overweight... I am almost 5'3" and I weigh about 135ish pounds. My stomach isn't huge; in fact, I feel like I am really disproportionate: my thighs and butt are HUGE. I typically wear a size medium in shirts, but in jeans...about an 11.

The thing is... I really, really enjoy food. Lol. I can't seem to get motivated to eat healthier. I'm lactose intolerant, and just HATE dairy products in general, so I KNOW I'm know getting enough calcium, but I seriously cannot motivate myself to start taking it.

Every week I tell myself I am going to start dieting or something, and exercising, but when I wake up and eat stuff I know I shouldn't, I just tell myself I'll try again tomorrow.

I don't know what to do!!! I can't figure out why I have no motivation. I feel like a terrible person for not being able to control it, and I feel worse that I feel horrible about myself (if that makes any sense at all.)

So, basically, I am wondering what on earth I should/could do??? I know that eating healthier and exercising is key, but when I wake up tomorrow I know that I'm just going to force it out of my mind.

I hope something can lend me some advice.

Thank you!

Posts: 10 | From: China | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you understand, for starters, that 135 pounds isn't overweight at your height, all the more so if you're still in your teens and you're not really, really fine-boned?

Do you also understand that everyone is proportioned differently, even when they're at their fittest? And a difference of a couple sizes between your top and bottom is also common, especially for women, who most commonly are pear-shaped.

Mind, if you're not in any way active, you'll want to change your habits so that you can become so: that's an issue for your long-term health, far more important than how you look, though if you're out of shape, it'll obviously also influence your looks. Too, getting enough calcium is important, to your metabolism, but more so, to your bone health, which is huge.

If you can't make yourself take supplements, you can easily but calcium-enriched soy milks and drink it instead.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.