Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Drinking heaps

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Drinking heaps
Mel000
Neophyte
Member # 29969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mel000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hai i heard that drinking heaps of water means you hav diabetes as well as having cold feet and hands? because i have hav been drinking so much water lately and in the last 15 minutes i've drunk more than 1L..i've just been so thirstly, wat could be causing me to be so thirsty? could these be the first signs of diabetes?

Thanks! any one's help will be heaps apperciated

xXx milica xXx

Posts: 9 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be simple thirst, or it could be a medical problem. If you think your thirst is excessive and unquenchable, go see your doctor. Nobody here can tell what might be going on.
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Just want to add something : having cold hands and feets can come from a blood circulation problem or a thyroid problem as well not just diabetes. But remember if you only have those let's say few times a month, there's really nothing to worry about.

For diabetes, your doctor would be able to do a blood test to determine whether or not you have it after having listed all your symptoms and asked you whether or not you experienced other symptoms linked to diabetes.

But ask you those questions before starting to panick. Did you had salty meals lately or spicy meals in the last couple of days ? Did you exercise a lot or did you went outdoor when it was hot ? That could be the cause of your excessive water intake.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.