Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Shower routines

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shower routines
MissSmarty
Activist
Member # 28387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissSmarty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone!

This is a wierd topic, but here goes:

When I shower I usually prefer to use a seperate wash cloth for my body, feet, and in between buttock area. I didn't use to do this. It is only a recent thing.

I am really scared of using the wash cloth that touched my feet or my anus on my vaginal area. I guess I am afraid of getting some type of germs in there because the other two areas are generally unclean.

And before anyone asks, yes I have seen a professional about this obsessive behavior.

The other day I was walking across a parking lot in flip flops and realized there was a dead bird right next to my foot. I thought "what if my foot touched it?" So I went home and lightly rubbed a wash cloth with soap and water over the large areas of my feet. Now I am afraid that when I use my poof in the shower after I scrub my ankles that it will have dead bird germs on it and it will get in my vaginal area...\

Okay! Well this sounds really stupid after righting it out. Is there any validity to anything I just wrote?

What are everyone else's shower routines like?

Posts: 118 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's something to remember: warm water and soap are a germ's absolute worst enemy. I'm willing to wager you use soap with your poof/loofah/washing thing. So it stands to reason that there's very little germs on there, if any at all. Soap does it's job very well. [Smile]

I tend to wash my hair, use conditioner, then soap up and rinse after that. If I'm shaving, I'll do my underarms in between the soap and rinse and then do my legs afterwards. All in all, a shower takes 15-25 minutes. Most of that is spent on my hair, which is incredibly long.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissSmarty
Activist
Member # 28387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissSmarty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Long hair does take soo much longer. I have long hair for the first time in years and I'm going through shampoo a little faster than before.

And your right I am not giving soap the credit it deserves. =)Thanks girl

Posts: 118 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inferi
Neophyte
Member # 29171

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inferi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friends think I'm nuts for my habit of taking 2-3 showers a day, ahaha. It started over the summer, out of boredom more than anything, now it feels weird if I don't.

My hair, since it's on the short side, takes like, two minutes to shampoo; I'll use conditioner every night before bed. Then I've my scrubby-brush thing for the body and wash cloth for the face. I shave in the morning usually.

All in all, I'll spend anywhere from 15-30 minutes in the shower, depending on the time of day, aha.

Posts: 29 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitka
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing wrong with taking more than one or two showers a day, especially if it's hot out. You're relaxing/refreshing your body, which isn't a bad thing. My mom gave me & my siblings 2 baths a day, one in the morning & one before bedtime, starting from the time we were born. I still shower 2x a day almost every day, up to 3 if it's hot out, or I'll even add a quick rinse besides that if the weather is really horrid.
Posts: 455 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.