Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Painful Abdomen,, twice occured

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Painful Abdomen,, twice occured
Bahdahboomdei
Activist
Member # 28429

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bahdahboomdei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple days ago i went to the emergency room.
I started to have extreme pain in my abdomen and pelvis so bad that i was doubled over for a while and i couldnt walk verywell and I was crying. My sister took me in and i had to wait in the waiting room for a little over an hour and by that time the pain had decreased to where it hurt a little bit when i moved.
I didnt get the doctors attention for maybe more than five minutes,, and they didnt tell me what could possibly be wrong. I feel fine now but i had an episode earlier this year kinda like it..
In March i had the same pain. I had been drinking. But before anything else happend i wasnt too drunk. My partner and i had had sex and I didnt feel pain during intercourse but directly after i started to bleed alot. I took a shower and had noticed the bleeding getting worse and worse, and soon i passed a huge clot,, i started to feel very faint and by the time i bent down to pick up the clot i passed out and hit my nose on something and i dont remember much past there.
I ended up going to the hospital in an ambulence and they did a few tests but i dont know what. I do remember them asking information for a possible blood transfusion,, but i stablized before that needed to happen. I was in another country at this time and these people didnt even have me in their records when i called back to get info on what happend.
They told me that i had probably just started my period at the same time everything happend,, and that combined with the drinking and intercoarse probably explains why i bled so much.
THe problems i have with that are that they didnt explain where the blood came from,, i didnt have any damage to the vagina. I had cramps alot like the second episode only less intense.
I'm going to the doctor to get things checked out, but i've been before and they didnt do anything but tell me to make another appointment.
I think the first may have been a miscarriage or possibly a tubal pregnancy,, i could only have been a month along. This second episode though could not have been a pregnancy gone wrong,, no bleeding occured the second time,, no drinking or anything out of the norm had been involved.
What are some possible things this could be, that way i can maybe narrow things down a bit for the doctors this time??

Posts: 52 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's pretty hard to say what could be wrong. A huge number of diseases, conditions, and injuries can cause abdominal pain. It isn't your responsibility to diagnose yourself; doctors exist to find what's wrong with you and help you get better.

You can help the appointment go more smoothly by memorizing some information they might ask, and keeping a little notebook with any questions you might have. The doctor will likely want to know when you have the pain, the location of the pain, the severity and type of pain, the date of your last menstrual period, and what exams/tests you've had done, to name a few. Don't be afraid to ask questions and expect educated answers.

Can your mom or sister go with you to your appointment? They can back you up about details you might not recall, and support you in getting the care you need. Any medical professional that dismisses your concerns without taking proper diagnostic measures isn't doing their job, and you have the right to ask to go elsewhere.

[ 09-13-2006, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Miss Lauren ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.