Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » itch!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: itch!
kick_artist
Neophyte
Member # 28575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kick_artist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My left nipple has been itching like crazy since Saturday mornng. It doesn't seem to be swollen or inflamed or anything, but it's also definitely not a bug-bite or allergic reaction.

I saw my boyfriend Friday, and we engaged in some activities that involved contact with aforementioned part (oral and manual). I'm generally a little sore afterwards (in a good way [Razz] ), and I have had a problem with itching there before after similar activities, but usually it goes away after a few hours. I thought maybe it was just dry, so I applied some all-natural healing salve (which is sort of my cure-all for all ailments, cuts, scrapes and itches alike), but it didn't seem to do anything.

Any suggestions, besides mastectomy? It's not serious, just a little annoying.

Posts: 18 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try to irritate it as little as possible. So if your bras have seams across the cup that might be rubbing, either change to a bra that doesn't have a seam there or fold up a handkerchief or other small pad of cloth to help cushion the area. Keep the area clean and dry and try not to bother it. If the itching hasn't stopped or if it gets worse, give your doctor's office a call tomorrow. Try asking the nurse or medical assistant for advice about it, this may not be something that you need an actual appointment to get help with.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.