Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » how to loose weight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how to loose weight
ashley hayes
Neophyte
Member # 29427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashley hayes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
some people told me to date guys my own age. and guys my age are into skinny girls and i want to be skinnier. im afraid i wont meet a guy after i get dumped by my bf unless im skinny so how do i loose weight
Posts: 15 | From: Englewood CO | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, hon, you're only 13- you still have a LOT of development and physical changes still to go through, and part of that is going to weight fluctuation as you grow. This is NOT at all an age you want to worry about weight loss, because it's just not realistic or healthy.

You can look at things such as eating habits and exercise, since it's healthy at any age to eat well (not a lot of sugary things and junk food, making sure to eat your vegetables, get protein, that sort of thing) and do something you enjoy to be active regularly.

Also, 13 year old boys have a lot more development to go, both physically and mentally, as well, which means most of them at this point are, quite frankly, probably not ready to be in serious relationships at all. If a guy is just interested in a girl because she's "skinny" or fits some sort of ideal, then he really, clearly, isn't going to be that interested in her as a person or mature enough to be getting into that sort of relationship in the first place.

There's no reason to rush into relationships, and absolutely no reason to change yourself just to appeal to someone else, period.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kit Kat
Neophyte
Member # 29438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kit Kat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not only do 13 year old boys have growing left to do....but their brain hasn't exactly "caught up" if ya know what I mean

Katherine

--------------------
I Put Spot Remover On My Dog And Now He Is Gone

Posts: 12 | From: Fort Smith | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.