Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Questions!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Questions!
OneSmartBlonde2010
Neophyte
Member # 27463

Icon 10 posted      Profile for OneSmartBlonde2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately i have started masturbating just with water in the bath and things like that. But i also noticed i have more of a yucky discharge through the day and also a yucky smell. Ive used body spray and perfumes to cover it up, but i was just wondering if me starting to do sexual things like this hurting my body? As in like am i messing up hormones or nething? Is this discharge and smell a cause of it? Ne info would be helpful

------------------
~*~Thx Always!~*~

[This message has been edited by OneSmartBlonde2010 (edited 02-15-2006).]

Posts: 33 | From: United States | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Masturbation is perfectly health and normal. Body sprays and perfumes to cover up a normal occuring smell is not. Those could be causing some discomfort for you.

Your vagina is a self-cleaning thing. The discharge is there to keep it healthy, and it should have a sort of odor.

Here are some articles that can best answer your questions:
Honorably Discharged
Is Masturbation Okay?

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneSmartBlonde2010
Neophyte
Member # 27463

Icon 10 posted      Profile for OneSmartBlonde2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well do u have ne other suggestions on how to help with the smell? I doubt others can smell it but its self concious! O yeah u didn't answer this question, could masturbation be the cause of the excess in discharge? Newayz thinks for your ealier help! I appreciate it!

------------------
~*~Thx Always!~*~

Posts: 33 | From: United States | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you have a look at the articles DarkChild linked to? The smell is supposed to be there. If it's got a fishy or really foul smell to it, then infection is a possibility, but otherwise, it's normal. Same with the discharge - it's perfectly normal, and it's necessary. Don't do anything to cover it up or try and get rid of it, you run the risk of giving yourself a nasty infection that way or irritating your delicate genital tissue.

As for the masturbation, no it will not cause your normal discharge to increase. You mentioned in another post that you're 14, so it's possible that you're just noticing the normal increase in vaginal discharge that comes with puberty. The vagina also self-lubricates when you get aroused, so you may also be noticing that extra lubrication.

[This message has been edited by karybu (edited 02-15-2006).]

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.