Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » A quick and effective solution?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A quick and effective solution?
Atticus Girl
Activist
Member # 13561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atticus Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright since my junior prom is coming up not too far away, I've been exercising regularly by hiking and playing tennis, cutting down on soda from drinking it 3 times a day to only once a week while hydrating with water, milk, and orange juice, eating fruit everyday, and trying to discipline myself with my sleep cycle.

I finally got my dress, but there's a bit of a problem. . .I've been getting quite a few back zits! There's really not a lot, but some of them are so bothersome and I'd LOVE to have my back perfectly smooth and zit-free while I still have time before May. First off, what's causing them? And how do I get rid of them? I've been exfoliating my back with an excellent scrubber and Caress soap but then soon newer ones would show up. It's starting to drive me nuts.

Thank you in advance.

Posts: 105 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Body Acne http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum24/HTML/000142.html

exfoliate, breezy cotton shirts, acne-fighting body wash, tea tree oil, etc.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard that Lush makes a great shower gel called Narcotick that works wonders on clearing up body acne. Personally, I've never tried it, but I've heard rave reviews.
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbarosa
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbarosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHJ, I love that site! Looks like some great stuff, I did not see that product in the US site version but I have not scouted the whole site yet.

There are some prescription medicines that can help that are part cleanser for use in the shower, but any product that contains benzoil peroxide is similar to the main precription medicines often reccomended for this. I often write Rx for a product called Bezac wash, but there are a host of generics available, aned some may be available without a Rx.

Also, most products that are effective at reducing acne like this take a little time to be effective, like 6 weeks or longer. So if you want to go the organized medicine route, do not wait till the week before the formal to get an appoinment!

Posts: 380 | From: Up North, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.