Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » I hate food

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I hate food
Jenni
Activist
Member # 6560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Basically, the subject explains it all. Since last spring, I have had massive body-image issues. I have also encountered depression for the [at least] second time in my life and am now taking pills for that and seeing a psychologist.

But I am absolutely obsessed with food. I have myself on a very strict diet. Lately, any time I deviate from this diet I hate myself. In fact, I hate myself even when I stay in the diet's bounds. I have made myself throw up three times now. I am losing weight, but have 5-10 more pounds to go before I will be happy with it. The thought of eating something that is bad for me or gaining weight (i.e. losing control) terrifies me. I cannot be satisfied with the progress I've made, and I feel like every time I eat I put myself further away from my goals.

I don't even know where I'm going with this. All I know is that I could never have foreseen myself having this mindset. Has anyone here ever gone through something like this?

Posts: 43 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is definitely something you need to address with your psychologist. you have a serious eating disorder. if you want to stop it, you are going to need help. for starters, tell your parents what's going on. it may be difficult to bring up, but it's important to have someone watching over you so that you can't keep hurting yourself like this.

Anorexia and Eating Disorder Help http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000737.html

------------------
You can either be part of the problem or part of the solution, but in the end, being part of the problem is much more fun.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.