Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Heart Pains

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heart Pains
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every once in awhile i get really sharp pain. ive been having them for about 2 years and i havent gotton an attack in a long time and the other night it got one, it lasted for about 20 minuetes. it was so bad i could hardly move. what should i do? what is it? what causes it?

------------------
my world

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to move this on over to General Health and Nutrition, but I would visit the doctor about your pains if I were you.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have something like that also. I get a really sharp pain under my left breast, which im pretty sure is my heart. Well im going to the doctor on Monday so ill add that to my list. Actually, as im typing im getting the pain. It happens every few hours, so id think its vital to bring up to a doc.
Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grizabella
Activist
Member # 2014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grizabella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like it could be heartburn. (Which actually has nothing to do with your heart at all.) If that's the case, your doctor can probably prescribe a medication for you. You should definitely see your doctor about it.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd agree with Griza -- that could be a definite possibility. What you're describing is vvery much like what heartburn feels like..

What's really helpful with things like this is to keep a little notebook for them to take to your doctors. Wrote down what happened, when, how long it lasted, and anything you may have been doing that day, including what you ate.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melimelo
Activist
Member # 7361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for melimelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is a heartburn?
Posts: 81 | From: north america | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's when stomach acid gets into the esophagus (tube between mouth and stomach) and causes pain. can be harmful if it happens a lot, but as a one-off kind of thing isn't a big deal.

------------------
You're the one I adore
You're my C64

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.