Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » ears peircings?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ears peircings?
news_bunny98
Neophyte
Member # 8310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for news_bunny98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i wanna get my ears peirced again but my mm wont let me. does any body know how to peirce your own ears and what to use? thanks
Posts: 12 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We recommend not piercing your own ears, as it can be dangerous. Your best bet is to go to a professional piercer and get it done there. Hang around the studio and see if their instruments are sterilized and if you like the atmosphere of the place before you go in to get your piercing. As for your mom, have you talked to her about why she doesnt want your ears pierced? Perhaps if you sat down and discussed the issue with her, you could work something out.

But remember...piercing your own ears is a no-no!

------------------
Bacon bits and jalapenos on my Polish hot dog.
Half a pound of potato chips and a beef jerky log.
I press my face to the window, a wrapper sticks to my shirt.
Eight people in a stinky van, a couple more couldn't hurt.

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's our excellent article about everything you need to know about piercings and tattoos Body Mod ? A Simple Primer

i got so many hits that i'm not gonna list them all.

Click the "search" link under the Post a Reply button and search the keyword "piercing" and limit your search using the pulldown menu to the Body and Soul forum. We've got loads of threads on it in there. Or you could check out the Body & Soul FAQ

And never, EVER, never try to pierce yourself!!! For one thing, you'll probably do it wrong and wind up with uneven, awkward piercings. You can get a nasty, painful infection. And it'll really piss off your folks. They already told you no, and this isn't gonna make them see your side of the argument.

------------------
"Go that way really fast, and if anything gets in your way ... turn." Better off Dead starring a teenaged John Cusack.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scribbled
Neophyte
Member # 8849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scribbled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People will pierce themselves whether or not they should, and I have a link to an article that explains how to safely do it yourself, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to post it...
Posts: 17 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And another thing is imagine how when people go and get their ears pierced professionally, they still can get infections really easily. And if you do it yourself, it kind of doubles the risk and you could really do something to hurt yourself. And your Mom will still be really mad at you. You should try to talk to her about it again, or just wait until you are old enough to get it done by yourself.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.