Donate Now

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Lump in my neck?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lump in my neck?
MissConduct
Neophyte
Member # 30084

Icon 9 posted      Profile for MissConduct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I have this lump in my neck. It is pretty small, round, and it moves, like when I push on it, it seems to kind of bounce from place to place. I have another one of these same things by my jaw line, I had my doctor check the one by my jaw line a while ago, and she said it was normal. I kind of think that this is like that but,I'm still worried about it. Do you guys have any idea what it might or might not be?
Thanks, in advance...

Posts: 13 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, if your doctor said it was nothing to worry about, it's probably nothing to worry about. If you're curious as to what it is, you'll need to ask your doctor - there's no way we could tell you what it actually is without being doctors ourselves and examing the lump in person.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GreenGoddess
Neophyte
Member # 29207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did your doctor tell you what it was? If your doctor said it was nothing to worry about, it may just be a swollen lymph node. When you're sick or stressed they can become slightly enlarged or sore. It's a sign your body is working to fight off a virus or bacterial infection. If your doctor says it's nothing to worry about, it probably isn't! [Smile]
Here is some information from www.thelymphnodes.com:

"It is a tiny, been-shaped gland at different areas of your body. This gland is are part of your lymphatic system, which moves lymph node fluid, waste substance, and nutrients through out your body bloodstream and tissues.

Each lymph node is also an important part of your immune system. Your lymph node filters fluids, catching viruses, bacteria, and other unknown materials. Then your unique white blood cells destroy the unwanted materials.

A lymph node may be found alone or in a group though out your body. A group can be felt:

* In the neck
* underarm
* In the groin

--------------------
The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not knowing what comes next. -Ursula K. LeGuin

Posts: 2 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissConduct
Neophyte
Member # 30084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissConduct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also have one by my jaw line that has been there for years, the one in my neck has been there for 4-5 months at least thats when I found it, could constant allergic reactions cause them, or perhaps large amounts of stress... they don't cause pain and they move... srry to keep asking about this i'm just a bit confused about it...
thanks in advance for any info [Smile]

Posts: 13 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, as Jean said, your best bet here would be to go see your doctor about it. Really.

There's like no way we can tell exactly what it is without even examining it.

So, if the doctor said it was normal but yet you are still concerned about it, then you can simply ask her to take a look at it again at your next visit (or even sooner if you want) or simply ask for the opinion of another physician.

And while you're at it, you can also ask her about its cause. Without knowing what it exactly is, we can't really tell you what causes it nor what triggers it, be it stress or allergy reactions or other things.

So asking your doc about it is really the best thing to do here. [Smile]

[ 05-15-2007, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.